Friday, April 15, 2011

Discussion Question


You are planning on starting your own business selling clothes. Discuss pros and cons for starting an e-business.



If I wanted to start my own clothing business business then I would consider starting an e-business. There are many pros for this. First of all, it's convenient because I could just sell whatever I wanted from home. There would be no need for me to open a real store. It is also great because a wider range of people will be able to see what I am offering therefore it will help make my business profitable. Since many people shop online or spend a lot of time on the internet, I would be able to get more buyer than I would if I opened up a physical store. E-business is easier and is less of a hassle.



But e-commerce has some cons as well. If I created an e-business, those who do not have computers or don't know how to will not be able to access it. There is also a chance that shipments can be lost. Another con is that there are many people who do not feel comfortable buying things online using their credit cards, therefore those customers will not want to buy from me.