Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Discussion Question 3/911

DQ: What have you done this week that directly or indirectly involved a database? How would your week have been different in a world without databases?


A database that I have been recently using is Google. Google is something I use very often, especially when it comes to doing research. This week for TOK we had to find a famous controversial art piece and write about it. Google made it easy for me to find one and look up plenty of information related to it. Without databases like Google researching would be difficult and very time consuming, especially since there is a great availability of information on the web. I wouldn't mind looking through a few books but time is very precious especially as IB students. I am so glad that we have databases like Google to make our lives a bit easier.